Why is Filler Becoming So Popular Among Men?
instant results, quick treatment time, and lack of downtime. Men namely have filler injected into their nose, jawline, and chin to strengthen their profile and sharpen their image. They additionally seek it as a treatment for dark under-eye bags, which can be genetic and not treatable via most other methods. As such Botox has rapidly become one of the most sought-after treatments to create a more youthful appearance. In a world where it seems like only the rich can afford cosmetic treatments, the filler is affordable between 500-1500 dollars on average, and many clinics offer financing or payment plans if that makes you more comfortable. The results also last a long time between 6-18 months on average depending on the type of filler that is administered, and some forms of treatment can provide indefinite results. Women have been getting cosmetic treatments for years, and many men are now taking an interest in these affordable, easy, safe, and natural-looking facial enchantment options, because everyone deserves to feel good about themselves and how they look. Additionally, as demand for cosmetic treatment grows, and cosmetic treatment for men, the number of clinics opening will continue to increase, for example, Toronto’s very own men’s premier CADMEN Clinic.
What is Filler?
Before you consider having something injected into your face, you might want to learn a little about what it is that you are undertaking. There are a variety of different fillers available on the market that contain different ingredients and require different methods of application, the main type of filler that is becoming increasingly popular is dermal fillers. Dermal fillers are specifically gel-like substances that are injected underneath the skin for volume in the face such as under the eyes or in the cheeks, to smooth lines, soften creases and enhance the natural contours of the face. They can be made with a variety of different FDA-certified ingredients including the following.
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA): is a naturally occurring substance already found in the skin to help keep it plump and hydrated. Most HA fillers provide temporary results that last 6-12 months and are infused with lidocaine to reduce any associated discomfort. CADMEN Clinic offers HA filler injections, to learn more click here.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA): is a naturally occurring substance found in the bones of the body, as such this filler is made with microscopic calcium particles suspended in a smooth gel. The results last about 1 year and can help stimulate natural collagen production to reduce deep-set lines and wrinkles.
- Poly-L-lactic acid is a synthetic substance that is both biodegradable and safe to use in the body. This filler stimulates collagen to target deep wrinkles and smooth lines in the skin before the gel itself dissolves within a few days and the effect of the collagen rebuild lasts up to 2 years.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA): is a synthetic biocompatible sphere-like substance that stays underneath the skin forever to provide continued support, smoothing, and volume enhancement to the face. These types of fillers often also contain collagen to provide fitness and structure to the skin indefinitely.
- Autologous fat injections: This type of dermal filler is the only one of the bunches that requires surgery because it usually involves the removal of fat from another area of the body. The fat is removed through liposuction, then purified and injected into the face to enhance smoothness and plump the skin. The results often last for multiple years but should only be performed by certified cosmetic or plastic surgeons.
How Does it Work?
Make sure that any treatment you receive is from a licensed and regulated professional in the industry. When going in for a treatment you will often have a consultation meeting with your practitioner first to discuss anything such as allergies or medical issues. Once everything is assessed to be safe and good to go the nurse will clean the area and may provide you with a topical anesthetic to numb any discomfort that may be felt due to the injection. In addition to this, a lot of fillers contain lidocaine which aids in pain and swelling reduction. The clinician then injects the specific amount of filler desired underneath the skin strategically to ensure the best placement. Results should be visible immediately after the procedure is completed and continue to develop over the coming days.
Most cosmetic surgery or treatments are done to change something about the patient’s appearance, and dermal fillers are no different. Dermal fillers were commonly known as wrinkle fillers for a while; however, it is now known that they do so much more than just fill wrinkles, they are being used and marketed as such. There are a wide variety of different common concerns that men have that dermal filler can help with. Not only can it smooth wrinkles and lines, but it provides volume, and creates a more rejuvenated, and younger-looking complexion. It does this through a matter of methods such as enhancing the natural contours of the face like in the cheeks and lips. There are a variety of different things that dermal fillers can be used to address and some of them are listed below.
- Smooth outlines around the mouth and nose, commonly referred to as smile or frown lines
- Restore and enhance volume to temples and cheeks that are sunken
- Reduce vertical lines of the lip
- Plump & enhance the shape and volume of the lips
- Smooth out any crease in the chin
- Develop further enhanced and balanced facial symmetry
- Fill in and reduce the appearance of acne scars also known as ice pick scars or pockmarks
- Smooths wrinkles and lines around the eyes commonly known as crows’ feet
- Rejuvenates older looking hands
Check out the stellar transformation of this CADMEN Clinic client that includes under-eye, jawline, and chin filler.
If you are interested in other wrinkle reduction procedures available at CADMEN including Botox, the number #1 wrinkle reducer click HERE.