Brotox: Why Wrinkle Reduction is the No. 1 Cosmetic Treatment for Men
Did Somebody Say “Bro”tox?
Botox among men is more popular now than ever before! Aptly being referred to as “Bro-tox” because it is the number one cosmetic procedure that men are requesting this year. Almost half a million procedures were performed on men alone in the USA in 2019, which is an increase of 5% from 2018 according to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Why Botox is on the Rise with Cool Guys
Botox is widely used due to its convenience of application, affordability, relative safety, and overall effectiveness. Extracted from botulinum toxin, Botox is a purified protein that can be injected into the client’s skin to prevent targeted muscles from contracting, thereby reducing fine lines and wrinkles over time. Think about when you fold a piece of paper, every place where the paper was folded now has lines in it even when the paper is unfolded, Botox is not only smoothing out those lines but preventing new creases from being formed, keeping the skin pristine.
Botox is known as a safe, non-surgical cosmetic treatment that can be applied to anyone between 18 to 65 years of age. The needles are exceptionally fine and small, the injection is almost painless, and anesthesia is not required.
Botox takes extraordinarily little time to do. Clients can receive their Botox injection in 10-15 minutes during their lunch break and return to work right after that with no serious recovery period or downtime associated. Botox’s effects will be noticeable within a few days with the appearance of both fine lines and wrinkles significantly reduced.
Botox for Men is on an Upward Trend
Though women still dominate the cosmetic enhancement market, the ease, affordability, and effectiveness of Botox are swaying an increasing number of men. Many men get Botox to fight against ageism and feel more youthful and confident. The popularity of social media and online dating apps is another factor that encourages men to seek anti-wrinkle and skincare treatments. But beyond that, a lot of men are fighting traditional beauty ideas and choosing to take care of themselves and their skin; to put effort into their appearance to not only look better but to feel better for longer.
Some of the most common injection sites for men to get Botox to include:
- The corners of the eyes to prevent crow’s feet
- Between the eyebrows to ease frown lines
- In the forehead to decrease creases
- Around the mouth to minimize laugh/smile lines
How Botox is Performed
Botox is one of the simplest and most effective cosmetic procedures available today on the market. It begins by using a mild numbing cream, like Lidocaine, no anesthesia is needed. Then a small superfine needle is used to inject the Botox into the muscles that will achieve the desired look There should be only mild discomfort, no worse than a bug bite, felt during the procedure and it should take no longer than 20 minutes (30 minutes including consultation for the first appointment) from start to finish, which is shorter than an episode of Squid Game.
CADMEN Clinic’s client having botox and filler treatments
How Long Will the Effects Last?
The full effects of Botox injections can be felt and seen within one to two weeks of the procedure. The effects of Botox can last anywhere from 3 to 6 months; however, it is a gradual fade. As the muscle function begins to return any fine lines or wrinkles may begin to reappear and require another round of treatment, However, often the wrinkles and fine lines are less apparent as the muscles slowly shrink over time and with each round of Botox.
What to Do Before and After Botox Injections
- It is important to avoid drinking alcohol for at least one week before your procedure. This is because it can reduce the chances of experiencing any possible negative side effects such as swelling, bruising, or bleeding
- It is also suggested to stop taking over-the-counter medications such as aspirin or other anti-inflammatory painkillers up to 2 weeks before the procedure. This can reduce the chance of side effects such as bruising at the injection sites
- For the following 24 hours, it is important not to rub the injection site or move the product around. Additionally, it is a clever idea to stay in an upright, seated position for up to 4 hours following the procedure to prevent any migration of product post-procedure
- Avoid vigorous exercise or alcohol for the following 24 hours
- It is a clever idea to avoid exposure to direct sunlight or extreme temperatures such as cryotherapy or jacuzzies for 2 weeks afterward
- Try to avoid any additional beauty treatments for the following 2 weeks such as microdermabrasion or facial massage as it can spread around the product.
Today, more men are getting Botox than ever before to maintain a youthful look and gain confidence to build a competitive edge. Botox is safe, affordable, simple, and effective – so there is no reason not to try it – CONTACT CADMEN CLINIC today!